Monday, February 9, 2009

Get a Physical (Updated)

Today I went over to Camden Physicians and had my first general physical examination in over 10 years. I'm almost positive the last time was my sophomore year of college. I went to University Health Services at UW-Madison to get checked out and renew my tetanus shot before I went on my semester abroad to London.

Funny, but it didn't seem as bad as I remember it. When I was a kid I hated going to the doctor. For anything. And I've always been really queasy when it came to dealing with blood or having needles poked in me. Exactly the same reasons why I had never donated blood before last month either. Through these two experiences, however, I've learned that both the doctor and needles aren't anything to fear. After all, I've done much worse to myself by accident that causes more pain and spilled blood than these two things put together.

I have to admit, though, that I feel a little like the one-armed bandit after having both my blood draw from and my tetanus shot in my left arm today.

Finished Goals: 13/101
Days Left:
977

*I got all of my test results back earlier this week, and I'm as healthy as can be. My doctor said I can get my next check-up in 3-5 years. Yippee!*

No comments:

Post a Comment