Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Drink 10 Glasses of Clear Fluids Daily for 2 Weeks

This one was tougher than I thought it would be. At first, I had a difficult time even remembering to track how much I had drunk. Luckily, I found a handy dandy iPhone app to take care of that issue. But then I quickly realized that 10 glasses is actually a lot more than I had bargained for. I often found myself chugging one or two glasses at the end of the night before bed, which meant I was usually painfully awoken anywhere from 2-4:30 AM for a potty break.

On top of that, because I was drinking mostly water and not supplementing much with other clear fluids, there were a couple of days during which I didn't feel so good. Believe it or not, there actually is such a thing as too much hydration. And so it seemed I had flushed my system of essential electrolytes. Luckily again, I was able to identify what was happening and rectify it by drinking some Gatorade. That made me good as new, and still counted as a clear fluid. Killed two birds with one stone.

In the end, I'm glad I did this, but I think I'll dial it back a little. Ten glasses per day is perhaps one or two too many for me when I'm not engaging in regular physical activity.

Finished Goals: 57/101
Days Left:
494

No comments:

Post a Comment