Friday, May 14, 2010

Organize Postcrossing Cards

I collected so many postcards from participating in Postcrossing, that I didn't know what to do with them. I started out with them in a shoebox, but quickly outgrew it. I ended up with piles of cards everywhere. So one day I decided it would be a great idea to put them in an album. But I couldn't find an album that would accommodate all the different sizes of cards I've received, and I am just not a scrapbooker.

And then it came to me. I bought a three ring binder, some thick decorative paper, clear picture corner holders, and sheet protectors. And then I set to work. I'm pretty pleased with the results. All of my postcards are now organized by date of arrival on the paper, held down by the corner holders (allowing me to remove them if I want to see the writing on the back), inside the sheet protectors, in my three ring binder. To top it all off, I labeled them all with a sharpie. Now as I get more cards, I can just add them to the binder.

I suppose eventually I'll fill this binder and have to start over with a new one, but for now I'm just going to bask in the glow of having completed this one.

Finished Goals: 55/101
Days Left:
519

No comments:

Post a Comment