Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Complete Couch-to-5k Program


I've never been a runner.  When we had to do the mile run in gym class in school, I walked it.  We often had to run laps for volleyball, but I was always at the back of the pack.  Sometimes, the girls in the front would even lap me.

So when I first heard about the Couch-to-5k program, I was skeptical.  Not skeptical that the program works, just doubtful it would work for me.  I was way off base.  Not only did I complete this program, I did it without ever having to repeat a day.  I started on July 20, and I did the last run on September 13.  And today, I actually ran 5k.  When I was done, I was whooping it up outside like a child.  I'm sure my neighbors and the people driving by thought I was crazy, but I don't care.  This is a huge milestone for me, and I'm looking forward to the race I registered for on October 3rd.

Finished Goals: 63/101
Days Left: 397

No comments:

Post a Comment