Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sell Buffet

This is a piece of furniture my grandfather gave to me a few years ago when I bought my first house. It was something he had in storage for a very long time, and the purchase of my house and his need to clean out his storage apartment (yes, apartment!) happened to coincide.

Quite honestly, I've never particularly cared for it, as I don't think it fits with my decorating style. I used it for a while to store my china (which I never use), but when I moved in with Rich, I boxed it all up, and it seemed just as easy to leave it stored in the boxes.

So, needless to say, it was time to get rid of it. Rich and I tried advertising it on Craigslist to no avail. One day I mentioned it at work, and one of the girls decided she wanted it. After scheduling and rescheduling, she finally came and got it today in the rain. I have to admit that I have mixed emotions seeing it go. On the one hand I'm glad to unload it as we didn't really have the room for it in our humble abode, and I feel good knowing it went to a good home, but on the other hand, I feel a little guilty too. I'm sure once I fully take on the task of cleaning/organizing and decorating the room it was in, that feeling will dissipate quickly.

Finished Goals: 30/101
Days Left:
901

No comments:

Post a Comment