Thursday, March 12, 2009

Go Skiing

I haven't been skiing in about two years. The last time I went was around holiday time 2006-2007. We took Zak to Buck Hill for a snowboarding lesson, and while he was doing that, I hit the slopes too. I had never been to Buck Hill before; it's not my favorite.

If I had my choice of anywhere, I'd really like to go skiing at Breckenridge again. Seeing as though that wasn't a readily available option, today I took Zak to Afton Alps. He went skiing for the first time a few weeks ago on a school field trip and said he liked it. I thought it would be a fun activity for the two of us when he was home for spring break. It turned out I was right.

He tired out pretty quickly, but we had a bunch of good runs on the bunny hill together. When he decided to quit, I dropped him off at the chalet with a hot chocolate and took a couple of runs on my own. It was exhilarating! I'm definitely going to make skiing a higher priority from now on. I had forgotten just how much I love it.

Maybe for my birthday next year Breckenridge will be a readily available option...

Finished Goals: 20/101
Days Left:
946

No comments:

Post a Comment