Monday, October 19, 2009

Finish Every Gig in Rock Band 2

This goal was a mix of fun, frustration, challenge, and time consumption. When I first started, I didn't realize that the game forces you to play at increasingly difficult levels. I thought the whole time I could choose my level of difficulty per gig. Alas, some of the player's free will is taken as you move through the game. The better you play on the easier levels, the more the game pushes you to move to the next level, and once you do so, you can't really go back. This meant that on some of the most difficult songs, I was only given the option of playing on "Hard." And so I procrastinated a little on those. Finally, I summoned up the motivation and plowed through.

And then I hit the "Endless Playlist 2" challenge. Aw, crap. This gig is 84 songs straight. That's right, 84 songs with no break and no way stop and save the game. This gig took me 7 hours! I'm not even sure how I managed to get through it all. Needless to say, I was exhausted once it was done. And grateful. And maybe a little embarrassed that I just spent 7 straight hours playing a video game...

Finished Goals: 42/101
Days Left:
726

No comments:

Post a Comment